Working With Photographic Emulsion
Applying Photographic Emulsion Instructions:
1. Make sure screen is degreased and dry.
2. Prepare screen room for coating, clean area.
3. Arrange newspaper on your workspace, have tools and damp paper towels ready.
4. Under safe light conditions (yellow or red), open emulsion container.
5. Remove rubber blade guard or dust cover from the scoop coater.
6. Pour emulsion into the scoop coater and wipe edge of container for drips.
7. Use the scoop to coat emulsion onto both sides of screen.
8. Use a plastic scraper to clean up edges where emulsion may be thick.
9. Place screen in cabinet to dry and turn on fan.
Pre-Registration Template Instructions:
1. When generating artwork make sure you have center marks on your film positive. Place artwork on board in relation to where you want the print on the shirt.
2. Align registration marks to center line on the graph. Tape positive down then place coated screen onto O.D. (Use unabbreviated term instead) markings.
3. Mark screen on the inside with a fine point marker to match targets on the positive. Write the color in the upper left hand corner to keep screens separate and avoid double exposures.
4. After marking the screen(s) tape the positives to each color marked and expose to manufacturers recommendation.