Using Roll Paper
You can use roll paper with a 2- or 3-inch core, up to 17 inches wide.
Manually switching from one paper roll to another is a simple process.
Roll Paper Guidelines
When printing on roll paper, be sure to follow the media handling guidelines on page 38, as well as these special guidelines for roll paper:
• When storing roll paper, keep it in its original packaging—including the bag, end caps, and box.
• To avoid feeding excess paper, make sure the sheet icon does not appear on the LCD screen. Press the l Paper Source button and press d to highlight ROLL PAPER/CUT or ROLL PAPER/NO CUT. Press OK. The or roll icon appears on the LCD screen.
• Choose if you want the paper to be cut automatically after each page is printed.
• When printing on thin media, raise the paper eject support to ensure a straight cut.
• Choose if you’re printing on canvas or other heavy media. Media that is too thick may damage the cutter. Use of an external cutter/scissor is recommended.
Also choose this setting if you want to print a series of pages and keep them together for cutting later on. The following media (and other similar materials) do not work with, or may shorten the life of, the built-in cutter:
• Fine art paper
• Matte board
• Heavyweight polyester banner media
Adjusting the Platen Gap for Thick or Thin Paper
When you print on unusually thick or thin paper, you may need to adjust the platen gap setting. Normally, the STANDARD setting allows the printer to adjust automatically. However, if print quality is not satisfactory when using very thin or very thick stock, you may need to change this setting.
Follow these steps:
1. Press the Menu button. PRINTER SETUP appears on the display.
2. Press the Menu button again to display PLATEN GAP.
3. Press the Menu button. STANDARD is displayed as the current setting.
4. Use the d or u buttons to change the setting. (STANDARD is the default setting; you can also choose NARROW, WIDE, WIDER, or WIDEST.)
5. Press the OK button to save the setting. A checkmark appears next to the selected setting.
6. Press the l Paper Source button to exit the menu.
If you’ve selected a non-standard platen gap, the icon appears on the LCD screen to remind you of the narrow or wide setting. When you switch media, don’t forget to change the setting back to STANDARD.
If you’re printing on non-Epson media, you may also need to create a paper configuration to optimize your results. See page 58 in your users manual .
Caution: To avoid damaging the printer, make sure you do not select the NARROW setting when you print on heavy media.