How to Flush out Epson (OEM) Ink
If Epson (OEM) ink cartridges are installed or if the majority of the Sawgrass inks are expired, the printer needs to be flushed.
- With the printer ON and in the "READY" state, raise the ink levers and remove all cartridges.
- Lower ink levers (without any cartridges installed) and press the Power button.
- The printer will now begin the discharging process and may direct you to raise and lower the ink levers a few times. Simply follow the instructions on the printer’s LCD panel.
- When the discharge is finished, the printer will power off automatically.
- Raise both ink levers and install the new Sawgrass ink cartridges according to the configuration of your specific setup (see chart below).
- Lower both ink levers and power the printer on.
- Again, the printer will direct you to raise and lower the ink levers throughout the process of refilling the ink lines. Be sure to stay with the printer until the process is complete.